PERMANENT PART-TIME (position 1)
Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning / Water Damage Restoration Technician
Permanent part time position. May develop to full time. No experience necessary. Profit sharing incentives. Wage is DOE and IICRC certifications. Enumeration is largely piecework.
Strong back required. Valid drivers license with clean abstract is mandatory. You must be of good character and bond-able (no criminal record). People skills or sales experience is an asset. Self motivation is key.
Position responsibilities will be to service our client's cleaning needs. This will involve, but is not limited to: carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, flood cleanup, lifting of heavy equipment and area rugs, moving furniture, working with cleaning products, working in hot environments, working around potential pathogens (blood, urine, fecal, etc.), driving company vehicles, interacting with clients, invoicing, and other miscellaneous tasks usual to the business. You may also be tasked with helping the employer with other endeavours during slow times. You will be working closely with the employer both supervised and unsupervised.
The successful applicant shall be required to:
1. Work on short notice including emergencies.
2. Work independently or under supervision.
3. Have good people skills or sales abilities.
4. Posses a valid Drivers License and have own transportation.
5. Pass or possess a certificate of First Aid proficiency (any level).
6. Pass or complete a basic WHMIS course.
7. Be of good character & bond-able (no criminal record).
8. Be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
9. Comply with company policies.
10. Pass a 3 month probation period including all training exams administered.
Please “snail mail” your resume only in a sealed envelope. Mail to:
Carpetech Restoration Services, Box 123, 113-437 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5L1.
Include information on past employment and include character references that we may contact. Also, be sure to include your email.
Do not include other information like your drivers abstract! Proof of articles like certificates, licenses, drivers abstract, etc. will be needed at interview time only. You may be asked for proof of bond-ability at a later time.
Please do not email your resume. We will not open email attachments.
No phone calls please, as this ties up our phone which is reserved for our clients calls. You will be contacted via your contact information that you have provided on your resume (phone/email). Should we feel that your application/resume meets our requirements, an interview will be scheduled.
Who Are We?